Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Is that cookie worth it?!?!?

Posted below is a great article whether or not walking one mile burns the same amount of calories as running one mile. Since we are moving the same weight the same distance, should’t it burn the same amount of calories? I won’t ruin the article for you so check it out and let me know your thoughts. The article also talks about the usage of net calorie burn (NCB) compared to the number most of us focus on, total calorie burn (TCB). It important to know the difference between the two when helping students reach their fitness goals. After all, numbers can be deceiving.... http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-242-304-311-8402-0,00.html

1 comment:

  1. Mr.Holler,
    I really didn't get a chance to say this,but thank you for everything! You were the best gym teacher ever!!
    Thank you so much for being our 7th grade volleyball coach too!! Also, I wanted to say that you have inspired me as an athlete and every time I play volleyball I will think of you:) You made gym so much fun that people who hated doing gym participated in class when you were there!! I will never forget you Dr.Holla!! Thanks so much!! And good luck with life!!! :)
    P.S. Deer Lakes today was a little.....shattered without you today and everyone missed you!! Please come visit us next year!! Good Luck ����

    ReplyDelete